Transmission Handbrake – LandCruiser 70 Series
Transmission Handbrake upgrade kit by Marks 4WD
To Suit – Toyota LandCruiser (Dual Cab, Wagon models)
- VDJ76 – 4.5L V8 Turbo Diesel
- VDJ79 – 4.5L V8 Turbo Diesel
- VDJ79 Single Cab August 2016 on – 4.5L V8 Turbo Diesel
The factory LandCruiser 70 series drum in disc handbrake is well known for filling with debris, quickly getting out of adjustment and giving the operator no confidence in its effectiveness.
Our transmission handbrake is mounted on the transfer case output shaft which keeps the brake up out of the road grime and debris, maximising service life, reducing service intervals and saving costly parts.
The advantage of a transmission brake is that it locks the entire drive-train, including all four wheels when the transfer case is locked in 4WD. As the handbrake is mounted Before the differential you also gain the 3.9:1 differential ratio advantage over braking at the wheels.
When installing the Marks4wd Handbrake upgrade to your vehicle the original handbrake cable, shoes, clips, etc can be removed.
- Large Ø240mm drum – designed for vehicles with weight exceeding 4000kg
- Increased reliability and safety
- Improved service life
- Increased holding ability
- Ease of servicing
- Minimised servicing time and costs
- Easy on-vehicle adjustment of the handbrake
- No modification to rear driveshaft with standard height suspension
- Shorten rear driveshaft by 5 to 10mm with 50mm raised suspension
- The handbrake drum hangs slightly lower than the transfer case
- Pick up or shipping in 2-6 weeks if not in stock, dependant on Marks 4WD